How DO you get Wild About Work?
If you want to get Wild About Work, discovering a path that lights you up is one piece of the puzzle, but it’s not the only piece.
At the heart of this blog is the idea that being Wild About Work is the net effect of a holistic system, not one single thing.
All the pieces of your life are interconnected. What happens in one aspect affects the other aspects. There is no “work silo” separate from the rest.
Ultimately, my goal here is to give you the insights and the tools to experience as much juice on the job as possible. I want to help you create an energized, impactful, heart-based career.
Here is an overview of the key areas we’ll be exploring:
At its simplest, this is about incorporating more of what energizes you into the picture and reducing or eliminating what drains you. Some of the things we’ll be looking at in this section include:
- Ways to gain a greater understanding of what energizes and inspires you.
- How to bring more of what energizes you into your job and your life.
- Reducing and eliminating what drains you.
- How the rest of your life impacts your work (and vice versa!).
- Stress management.
A sense of meaning can have an immensely positive impact on how you feel about work. Here, we’ll be looking at things like:
- What does meaning even mean?
- What are different ways to experience meaning?
- What are different sources of a sense of meaning?
- How do you put your finger on what feels meaningful to you?
- How does a sense of meaning impact you?
This may seem a little out of place in a career blog, but I firmly, absolutely, resolutely, 100percentedly believe that this is a foundational piece for a vibrant, fulfilling, meaningful career.
What is “heart?” It’s love and compassion, both for yourself and for the world around you. It’s openness and a willingness to connect. It’s service, and generosity, and more.
As we delve into what bringing your heart to work means, we’ll explore things like:
- Why love matters to your career
- How to work from the heart
- The value of authenticity
- The power of self-compassion
External Success Factors
There are a bazillion things that can contribute to your success, both external and internal. Some of the external success factors we’ll be exploring include:
- Taking action and getting traction
- Creating a support system
- Identifying and leveraging your resources
Internal Success Factors
What’s happening internally can have a gigantenormous impact on what is possible in your life. As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” We’ll be diving into a variety of topics related to internal success factors, including:
- Creating positive, enhancing beliefs
- Personal growth exploration
- Positive psychology findings
- Building confidence and belief in yourself
Of course, any adventure is bound to have obstacles. And getting Wild About Work is no exception. In this area we’ll look at things such as:
- How to build an obstacle-navigation mindset
- Problem-solving tips and techniques
- Being a solutionist
In the last thirteen years helping people create careers and lives they love, I have seen first-hand how the internal obstacles people face can be infinitely more daunting than the external ones (and it’s often the internal obstacles that make the external ones seem bigger than they really are).
With that in mind, we’ll be taking a look at things like:
- How do you get in your own way?
- What limiting ideas, assumptions, and beliefs are holding you back?
- How are your stories about the ways things are holding you back?
- How can you transform your limiting perspectives into more empowering ones.
Will there be more? Almost guaranteed! But this is a good basic framework to hang our adventure on.
So get comfortable. Get curious. Put on your Hat of Openness and Wonder. And get ready to dive on in.
It’s time to get Wild About Work!
Brought to you by Curt Rosengren, Passion Catalyst TM
Time for a career change? Start with
The Occupational Adventure Guide